Thursday, May 10, 2012

Oscar the Grouch

First of all, I'd like to welcome my friend and coworker, Angela, to the blog world.  You can read about here crazy adventures with her two little girls over at Mommy's Girls.  Angela always has fabulous "Averi Stories" about her oldest girl, who is a fearless little daredevil.  And now she's a new mom again to Kenzi, who was born in November of this past year.  Toss in her big, loveable (and very understanding) dog and she's got a whole lot of crazy going on.

In news around here...  well...  Jacob went back to his usual sleep schedule last night.  He woke up around 3am and then again at about 6am.  He took a half hour nap at about 7:30 and now he's talking to "that other baby" in his kick-and-play gym.  They're having quite the conversation. 

Yesterday was a very difficult day with him.  I felt like there was nothing I could do to make and then keep him happy.  He spent most of his day crying, I spent most of my day WANTING to cry, and it was just a general unhappy day for all parties involved.  Erik and I both seem to think that I read something somewhere that babies tend to cry the most at around 3 months.  I can't remember now WHERE I read this, so if someone wants to confirm this for me, that would be great :-)  I know that he will outgrow his cranky self at some point, but it is so incredibly frustrating right now.  I get so jealous of those moms out there who have happy and content babies and who get smiles and giggles all day.  (Well, maybe not ALL day -- I mean, the kid has to cry for something, right????)  In any case, Jacob's grouchiness is making this last week I have with him very sad.  Maybe I should have gone with the Oscar the Grouch nickname for him when I was pregnant...  But it's very comforting to know that I'm not alone, and that so many other moms have gone through something similar and can offer reassurance and advice.

On a lighter note -- I'm in search of cute baby boy clothes that are reasonably priced and easy to get.  I used to stop in frequently periodically at Janie & Jack, but the store in the mall that's closest to me closed.  There's still one in the area, but it's a bit of a trek for me to get there.  And yes, I could shop their online store, but then I can't get a good idea of what an item looks like in terms of size and what the fabric feels like.  I'm not necessarily looking for a boutique, but it would be nice to find something other than the usual stores -- especially for holiday (Christmas/Easter) clothes. 

I suppose that's all I've got in my think-tank right now.  I'll leave you with some Jacob-inspired cuteness.

Love this face!

Sitting with daddy is so nice.

I love this spot.

Discussing the day's events.

No comments:

Post a Comment