Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day

Ahhhhh...  the long holiday weekend.  It's always a treat to have a long weekend from work, but this is one of those holidays that tends to be "forgotten."  Make sure you take a few minutes to remember those who serve and have served to help make and keep our country free and safe.  A number of my family members volunteered to be a part of this elite group of men and women, my father being one of them.  Thanks, daddy, for your service.  I'm proud to have you as my dad!
My dad in Vietnam
My dad, a few years ago, in DC

Speaking of my dad...  he did such an awesome job watching Jacob this week.  Every time Jacob saw him, he'd break into a HUGE smile and giggle a little.  I could tell that he had a great week with my dad -- and it was obvious that my dad had a great week with him.  I hated to see him leave today.  He doesn't think that Jacob will remember this past week, but I'll make sure he does :-)
Sooooooo happy!

My mom came down Friday evening to join us for the weekend.  She's going to head back home tomorrow.  I always wish that we lived just a little bit closer to my family.  Four hours isn't a very big deal, but it's not a trip that can be done easily every weekend. 
Hangin' with my Babcia!  So fun!
So we're just relaxing around here this weekend.  It's a nice way to start the "summer".  Hope you all enjoy the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment