This week we drove up to Pittsburgh to spend a few days with my mom and babcia while my dad is finishing up his Israel/Poland trip. We left on the morning of the 4th and came back the afternoon of the 6th. I always love going home for visits. I really wish we lived a little closer just so I could go back easily more often. My family moved to New Kensington and into my grandparents' house when I was in the 3rd grade. I have incredible memories of summers that I spent with my grandparents before we moved in with them. Of course, there are also great memories of growing up there after we moved as well. There's a certain smell to the house and yard in the summer, and it's still there today, so whenever I catch a whiff of that scent, it takes me back. Now, if only I could find Jello pudding pops, my memories would be complete! On this visit, we spent some time with my sister and her boyfriend, soaking up some cool water in their little backyard pool. We also went into downton Pittsburgh with my brother. We did some of the touristy must-sees: specifically Mt. Washington, which offers beautiful views of downtown Pittsburgh, and The Strip District, home to the original Primanti Bros sandwich shop and a ton of unique market stores and shops. And of course, my mom and babcia made delicious food for us while we were there, including apple and cherry pie, homemade brownies, and taco pizza. It was a delicious trip!
In Jacob news... his sleeping has still been a little off, but maybe getting a little better. He is still a terrible napper. I keep reading that some babies are great nappers -- taking two or three naps of an hour or so each -- and some babies just don't nap -- they maybe catch a half-hour here and a half-hour there. Unfortunately, it seems that Jacob has fallen into the latter category. It's not that I'm trying to get stuff done around the house while he naps and that's why I want him to take longers ones. The issue is more that he gets over-tired because he doesn't want to sleep, so he becomes a nasty little grouch of a baby. That's the frustrating part. I bought some darker curtains for his room, and they seem to have helped a tiny little bit, but he still doesn't go for much more than 30-45 minutes. His nightly sleeping is also still a little off. He varies when he wakes up -- sometimes twice a night, sometimes once, sometimes not at all. Last night, he woke up around 1am, but I went in and turned him over and gave him a pacifier and he was back to sleep again. He didn't wake up again until almost 7:30am! And he is still often a bear when putting him down for any kind of sleep. He's just so curious about his world. It's like he doesn't want to miss out on anything, so sleep just gets in the way.
But he is becoming such a big boy. He can sit up longer on his own, and his legs are getting stronger as he wants to stand up more and more. He's getting better at eating cereal (sort of) and recently has been taking a little bit of water from a sippy cup (as long as he's assisted). It's so amazing to see this little person grow and reach all of these milestones.
No comments:
Post a Comment