Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thursday Confessions

Closer to the end of the week confessions anyone?

-  I hate hate hate going to the eye doctor.  Our insurance covers some of either glasses or contacts, but not both at the same time.  Other policies probably do the same, but it's so irritating!  So I've got $130 to put towards new frames.  They have frames that would be "free," but I wasn't impressed by the choices or the quallity.  Then there's the cost of the lenses and the protective coatings.  Seriously.  And I don't even want to get into how much contact lenses can cost...  Maybe this is why I haven't been to the eye doctor in... oh I don't know... 4 years?  And yes, I know how important my eye health is.

-  Jacob is going to be 5 months old in a few days.  Every time his "month" birthday comes up, I go back to thinking about his birth day and what I would have done differently, if I could.  It's silly for me to think about, I know, because I can't go back and change anything, but there are some things about that experience that I regret.  I regret not reminding Erik to bring the camera into the OR so that we could get that first family picture.  I regret that I did not get to hold my little boy until the very wee hours of the morning (and even then, it wasn't until he was crying because he was hungry that I got to hold him) and that so many others got to hold him before I did.  I know that I wasn't exactly in the best state after the c-section, but I'm still sad that I didn't get to have my first cuddle with him until much later, and I don't even have a picture of it (at 2am, you don't think about much).  Yes, I got to touch him right after he was born, but it's just not quite the same.  I need to let it go though.  I've had lots to time to cuddle him since then.

-  I am so behind in summer reading for school.  I really need to re-read two books and I have one that is new that I haven't even cracked open yet.  I have to get on that.  Time is ticking.

-  I wish I had more style and better fashion sense.  I keep pinning tons of style ideas on Pinterest.  I just need to make an effort to put them into practice.  I love all the scarf looks.  Too bad I get too hot in summer and can never pull off the scarf look without looking like a hot, sweaty mess.  One day, I will have it all together.


One day, my mom will be cool, like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment