Jacob is all about checking out new things and making them his own. By putting them in his mouth. Seriously. Just about anything and everything he can get his hands around ends up in his mouth. So we're obviously being more careful about what's around him.
We still hate to nap. And honestly, as frustrating as it is when he refuses to sleep and then becomes the crankiest baby I've ever known, I can't say as I blame him. There is so much for his senses to discover that when he doesn't nap, I simply blame it on the fact that he wants to learn something new.
His exersaucer is pretty perfect for helping him discovering new things. And he loves to play in it.
Jacob's nighttime sleep is somewhat predictable, yet unpredictable. It's predictable in the sense that we know he's usually going to wake up either once (and usually around 3am) or he'll sleep until about 6am. The unpredictable part is that we never know what he'll decide to do.
Our usually Chatty Cathy has become somewhat quiet as he works on mastering new things. His new favorite skill? Sitting up on his own. I'm amazed by how quickly he learns things. He also loves to stand with the help and support of mommy, daddy, or whomever else may offer. Tummy time has become more fun because we've discovered that we can scoot our body around in a circle, and as we pull our legs up under us, we're getting closer to being more mobile.
And it looks like we're getting closer to cutting our first tooth/teeth. The drool faucet is turned on high, we are biting down hard on everything, and when mommy rubs his gum with her finger, he's a happy boy.
Before we know it, we'll have a mover on our hands. I'm pretty sure that he'll try as hard as he can to get to that point.

How precious. Enjoy every second. My baby is turning 2 1/2 and it's happening way too fast for my liking.
ReplyDelete