Monday, July 16, 2012

A Little Weekend Wandering

My parents came down this weekend to visit.  I always love when they come to visit, and I always hate to see them go.  I tend to feel a little down after they leave.  This was a sort of special visit because my dad has been overseas on a work trip for the last month, and really hadn't seen Jacob for almost two months.  My dad was really excited to get down here, and I was excited for him to see how much Jacob had grown.  They got into town on Friday, and we had a nice dinner out that evening.  Saturday we went to Fort McHenry for a few hours.  Erik and I bought a National Parks pass last year on our vacation and it expires at the end of the month.  We thought we'd take advantage of the pass and check out the fort, since it's so close.  I'd never been inside.  When I lived in the city, I took my parents there one afternoon and we had lunch on the grounds and walked around the outside, but we didn't actually go in.  Erik hadn't really been there since about the 5th grade.  And Jacob... well, we know he's never been there.  We went in the morning, which was a good time to go.  It wasn't overly crowded, the heat and humidity of the day hadn't hit yet, and there was a nice breeze coming in off the water.  Even though it rained a bit earlier in the morning, it turned out to be a really nice visit.  My dad took some pictures and sent me a few this morning.  I decided to play with them in PicMonkey...
Checking out some information on the fort.  Jacob is pretty into it, too.

Inside the fort - Erik is pretty awesome for carrying my Vera Bradley diaper bag...
Later that afternoon, my mom and I went to the mall for a little bit and did some window shopping while Erik worked a bit in the garage on some new projects, and my dad had some quality time with Jacob.  It's so fun to see my parents with Jacob.  And now I definitely know where I get my worrying tendencies (thanks, mom!) -- ha ha ha!

After my parents left, it was back to the ho-hum of regular life.  I came out of my shower yesterday evening to find Jacob sitting on the bed "supervising" Erik as he put laundry away...


Our little boy is now a big, bad 5-month old!  I'll give you some 5 month updates on him in another post soon.  I have to pull his pictures off my camera first...

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment