Monday, July 9, 2012

Make It Monday

I'm going to link up for the first time with Ashley at The Pollock Potluck for Make It Monday!

(I couldn't figure out how to get her nifty Make It Monday button to work on here...)

All you have to do is make a blog post showcasing something you made from one of your Pinterest boards (or from any other website that inspired you).  Then link up your post on her blog!

I've been pinning all sorts of things to my "My Style" board, because, well, I have no style.  So I keep thinking that the stuff I find there will inspire me to get some style.  And it turns out that I had a bunch of the items (or at least things that were similar to the items) from one of the pins.  So I thought I'd try putting them together and see what happened.  Here's the original pin:


And here's what I came up with (ignore my awful photography skills):



I don't think I did too bad.  I subbed my awesome orange shoes from my wedding for the animal print shoes (yeah, I don't own any animal print...).  If I wore this to work, I might wear my sensible super fabulous brown shoes instead.  Heck, maybe I'd even spring for a pair of heels!  Whoa!  Now that's saying something!

So what have you made from Pinterest?  Link up with Ashley, and leave me a comment with a link to your blog as well!  Maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to do one of those linky things myself...  I think I may have figured out how to make one of my own linky things!  So give it a try below!

2 comments:

  1. I just pinned this outfit last night! So fun! I think you did a great job! Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this outfit! the plaid and orange is sooo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete