Here are some Midweek Confessions for you...
- It's amazing what a new haircut and a little bit of makeup can do for the self-esteem. I got my hairs cut yesterday evening -- a shorter do, since my hair is shedding like crazy (thanks, post-baby hormones) -- and this morning, after doing a quick style of it, I put some makeup on. I feel like a completely different person now. I just feel better about myself. Now if only I had a pair of shorts that actually fit, I'd be in business.
- I picked up a copy of Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child from the library because, as you may know, my darling child does NOT like to take naps. But he NEEDS to take naps because he NEEDS the rest and sleep. Anyway, this doctor (the author) talks about how need to put baby down for a morning nap and let the baby go for an hour. Even if he cries. You need to let him go. After that hour, you can get him. If he's still crying but seems to be wakeful, then soothe him and go about your day with him (but move the next nap time up). If he's tired, then see if you can get him back to sleep. It's been 45 minutes. Jacob is still crying. And it's that awful cry. But before I put him down, I fed him and I made sure he had a clean, dry diaper. I rocked him, sang to him, kissed him, and told him I loved him. And the doctor says to keep reminding yourself of that as the baby cries. Baby isn't crying because those needs are lacking. Baby is crying because he wants to hang out with you and play with you. But sleep is more important. Or at least, trying to sleep is more important. His crying is killing me inside. It's so painful to hear. But I have to let him go. I have to.
- I am so excited for our family summer vacation. We're doing a New England road trip. I can't wait to see Boston and Acadia National Park. What I'm not excited for is trying to figure out what/how to pack for Jacob. How many articles of clothing should I take for him? Do I take as many diapers as I think we'll need, or just purchase as we go? What about laundry? Should I consider packing some detergent so that I can wash some clothes about half-way through the trip? So much to consider.
So what's going on with all of you?
No comments:
Post a Comment