Friday, March 1, 2013

Jacob's First Birthday

**Writer's Note -- I wrote this like, 3 weeks ago...  I just haven't gotten around to publishing it until now.**

I think that it's safe to say that Jacob's First Birthday party was a success.  I ended up keeping it fairly low-key and simple.  I had all sorts of grand ideas in my head (mostly thanks to Pinterest) but in the end, I just didn't want to be stressed out about trying to get these little details completed.  So I made a cake and some cupcakes, we put some meatballs and sauce into a crockpot and bought some sandwich rolls, my mom made he delicious macaroni and cheese, Erik's mom put together a veggie tray and cheese and cracker tray, and we had some chips, salsa, and hummus.  I kept the decorations simple -- blue and green color scheme, some tissue paper puff balls, garland, and first birthday cut-outs.  That was it.  And I couldn't have been happier with how it all worked out.





Jacob at 12 Months:
Height:  29.5 inches
Weight: 23 pounds


Likes:
  • walking and "running" whenever he can
  • playing with his blocks
  • pulling out tupperware containers from the kitchen cabinets
  • taking his books off his shelves
  • pushing his toy cars and trucks around
  • playing with Little People
  • climbing onto the couch to sit with mommy and daddy
  • getting snacks out of his snack cup
  • saying any combination of the following: bababa, dadada, mamama, nanana, lalala, tatata
  • shaking his head "no"
  • sweet potatoes, squash, oatmeal, applesauce, peaches, prunes, apricots, pears, fish
  • Puffs and Cheerios, rice cakes, crackers, animal crackers
  • flap books
Dislikes:
  • "slimy" foods
  • foods that are out of his range of "normal" (so that's anything new...)
  • arts and crafts that require paint or ink on his hands or feet
  • being told "no"
  • not getting his way


And finally...

Things I've learned in a very short span of time (like, 4 hours)...

  1. Jacob hates "real" shoes.
  2. Jacob hates to walk on anything that is not a hardwood or carpeted floor, or the floor at school.
  3. It took me almost two weeks to write a Jacob's First Birthday/12 Month Update entry. (and another week to publish it)
But at least my kid takes out the trash...

No comments:

Post a Comment