Spring Break has started!
Today was a bit crazy. I knew the kids would be a little squirrely, and they kind of were, but not as bad as they could have been. My 10th graders had a great final discussion on In the Time of the Butterflies -- talking about courage, oppression, and what it means to be a martyr. They had some incredibly insightful comments. I was very happy with how they did. My 9th graders finished up an introduction to Romeo and Juliet -- talking about tragedy and tragic love. I had so many kids participate today who don't normally speak up. Gave me a little hope for the weeks of school. I had a team meeting today for a student, and I had to get a bunch of make-up work together for some students who have been out of school (and are still out of school) for various reasons.
And then Jacob's daycare called.
It wasn't a crazy emergency, but they needed a sippy cup for him. I couldn't reach Erik, so I scrambled to put in for coverage and get instructions together for whomever would be covering for me. I was just getting ready to head out the door when I got a text from Erik saying that he was on his way home to get said missing cup. Problem solved. And I could cancel coverage and take a few breaths.
So what are we up to for break? Well, we're headed up to Pittsburgh for Easter, and then Jacob and I are staying a few extra days up there for a little extended visit. Plans include stopping to see dad at Duquesne and also visiting my mom and brother at their school. Mom and I are going to see about making some gnocchi on Monday. And then we'll be back Wednesday.
Unfortunately, this means trying to figure out what to pack for myself and for Jacob. So that's what I spent some of my afternoon/evening doing. Here's hoping I haven't forgotten something. But I've probably over-packed. I almost always do...
No comments:
Post a Comment