Sunday, March 10, 2013

Warmer days

There is something healing in warm, sunny weather...


Going outside in a t-shirt and jeans.  Slipping off your shoes and feeling the cool blades of grass between your toes.  Gentle breezes ruffling your hair. 


This weekend made me feel so much better -- mentally and physically.  Maybe it's the promise of Spring Break (two more weeks!).  Or maybe it's the promise of summer vacation (still too many weeks for me to count).  Knowing that I get to spend that time with this sweet little boy...


Losing an hour of sleep today wasn't as bad as it could have been.  Although if we wouldn't have been able to spend much time outside, I have a feeling it would not have been pretty.  But instead we spent a good few hours (not all at once) outside, exploring and soaking up the warm sunshine.


And even though I hate that tomorrow is Monday and I have to go back to work, I feel a little better knowing that it's going to be another warm day, and we can go back outside again when we all get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment