So my latest Jacob conundrum still revolves around his naptime. I've been able to get him to sleep in his crib the last few days (finally) (even though he's still only sleeping for about 45 minutes) but when he wakes up, he's wet. I'm assuming his diaper is leaking (obvious assumption, right?) but I'm not sure WHY. I change his diaper before he naps, so here are my theories:
1. Diaper is too small. He is approaching the max weight given for the diaper (I know those aren't the Bible's truth, but I still follow them) and we've had leaks in the past when the diaper approached the small side.
2. Jacob sleeps on his side. This is his new favorite sleeping position. I find him rolled onto his side all the time. So I'm thinking that the diaper shifts when he rolls and ends up with a gap on the side, causing it to leak.
3. I'm diapering him wrong. Human error is always possible. And I'm no baby genius, so I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't securing it tightly enough or something.
Thoughts?
midweek confessions
- MTV is doing a "retro" thing right now, re-showing Laguna Beach, and later, The Hills. Funny how these shows are being considered "retro" by MTV. Either way, I'm starting to get sucked in to the shows again. Shoot me.
- I started reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I had to jump on the bandwagon just to see what it's all about. I'm only a few chapters into it, and my only opinion of it so far is that the writing seems a little... how should I put it... young? Not polished? Grant it, I'm no super-fabulous writer myself... Then again, it's not like this is some work of classic literature...
- I have become a Downton Abbey junkie. I can't get enough. Erik and I just finished watching the first season -- and I can totally see what why so many people like it. We're waiting on season two from our library. Then I'll go into serious withdrawl until January-ish when season three airs here in the U.S.
- Whenever I watch tv shows or read books, if it's good enough, I totally get all into the characters. I feel like I'm living in their lives. This is so the case with Downton Abbey. Not so the case with Fifty Shades. But I have a feeling that I'm not alone.
For the diaper thing-- I would guess it's too small. When Lily gets close to the next size she sometimes leaks. At night, we had to switch to overnights cause the regular ones were not up to that job. She was leaking every.single.night! The overnights work wonders. I would maybe move up a size.
ReplyDelete