Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm Not Really TV Obsessed...

It's Thursday of my first week of summer vacation.  WHERE DID THE WEEK GO????  Yesterday we met up with my friend Emily and her daughter Lily for a little Carters summer sale indulgence.  I got Jacob some "big boy" pajamas.  He's only 4 months old, but he tends to fit into a lot of 6 month clothes, and "big boy" pj's seem to start at size 6 months.  So we got a few sets.  They seem to be a nice weight for summer, which is good, because I think the little bugger got a heat rash from me putting him in sleep and plays a few weeks ago.  I also got him a few more 6 month onesies and shorts.  I was tempted to get some 9 month things, but I don't know for sure when he'll be in that size.  He also already has some 9 month things, so I'm not too worried. 

Jacob is 4 months old today.  Unfortunately, you'll have to wait a little bit for a 4 month picture and 4 month update.  He wasn't really cooperating with me this morning in terms of picture-taking.  We'll try again later and see how it goes.

Midweek Confessions now?  Sure, why not!

-  I have a fairly regular tv show routine established... and that's probably not a good thing.  From wake-up until 10am, I watch the Today show.  10am-11am: Live! with Kelly or Sesame Street (for those days when I feel guilty because Jacob is "watching" tv with me).  11am-12pm: Gilmore Girls.  12pm-1pm: What Not to Wear.  1pm-2pm: back-to-back episodes of 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter.  2pm-3pm: Law & Order: Criminal Intent.  Then it sort of gets a little foggy.  The Closer used to be on at 3pm, but recently has not been.  So I've taken to going outside and sitting with Jacob.  4pm-5pm: Ellen.  5pm onward: the local news.

-  Just because I have a tv routine doesn't mean I'm always watching it.  If I find myself in front of the tv at one of those specific time, that's what I usually pop on.  Otherwise, I'm doing whatever else I want to/need to do.

-  I feel like a bad mom because I have exposed my child to tv at this very early age.  He will sometimes turn his head toward the tv if something catches his eye.  It's not on 24-7 at my house, but I guess it's on enough.  Oops.

Those were very tv-centered confessions...

And to prove that I'm not always sitting in front of the tv, look what I did!
I actually made this over my maternity leave.  It was my first attempt at a yarn wreath, hence the not-so-awesome look to it.

Made this Monday...

Made this one Tuesday...

So I haven't been a complete sloth.  I got some of my yarn wreath projects done!  I've also got my fabric for my blankets ironed.  Now I just need to cut some of the fabric and start sewing.  Maybe I'll work on that this afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment