I have all sorts of grand ideas for this vacation. I've started off by working on cleaning the master bathroom. I bleached the shower walls this morning. I'm going to go in later this afternoon and scrub. Jacob and I went for an early morning walk, in an attempt to beat the heat and humidity of the day. We beat the heat, but not the humidity. I came back in a sweaty mess. But Jacob had a relaxing time!
| Mom tired me out... and it's not even 9am yet! |
Now, like I said, I've got all of these grand ideas. I'm just hoping that I can keep my motivation up to turn them into more than just ideas.
Yesterday we went over to my friend Emily's house for a cookout/get-together. It was fun to have all of us with our kids together. I don't know... call me sappy... but it made me feel a little more like a grown-up. Jacob tried out his first ride in a swing:
and he seemed to enjoy it! Swinging was always my favorite playground activity. So maybe he's taken after his mommy here. The little bugger is going to be 4 months old this week! I can't believe it.
This coming weekend, we have all sorts of fun things to do. I've got my friend Rachel's baby shower, and Jacob's friend Lily's first birthday. My mom is coming down on Sunday to stay a few days and watch Jacob while I go to some workshops.
Unfortunately, this update has to be a little shorter than I'd like. A certain little boy (who shall remain nameless) has been emitting some stinky sounds. I have the sneaking suspicion that a diaper change is in order...
| Hey mom! I've got a surprise for you....! |

No comments:
Post a Comment