Monday, June 18, 2012

Oh Dad...

In case you have been living the life of a hermit and have had no access to a calendar, let me remind you that yesterday was Father's Day.  It was my husband's first Father's Day, my dad's 34th (sorry, didn't mean to put a date on you there, dad...), and my father-in-law's 32nd.  And it was definitely a memorable day for my poor husband.  But I hope that he and my dad know how much I love them and how lucky I feel to have them both, along with my father-in-law, as role models for my baby boy. 

Me with my dad a few years ago at the DC Cherry Blossom Festival
My husband and my sweet baby boy
I could not have asked for a better husband and father to my son.  He keeps his cool in times of crisis and has provided comfort in those moments when you're not sure what will happen next.  He has a strong head on his shoulders, thinking through problems and coming up with alternatives for solutions.  He is my best friend and my rock.  I can't imagine my life, or my son's life, without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment