midweek confessions
- I think I
**Editor's note: Jacob is currently peacefully napping in his bouncy seat after having fallen asleep in my arms. We'll see how long this lasts.
***Yeah... it didn't last long at all.
- I need to stop pinning things on Pinterest that I know I'll probably never make or do. But yet, it's so darn addicting. And maybe one day I'll need that recipe. Or that craft idea. Maybe I should just start making the ideas I pin...
jacob's 4-month update
I know it's about a week over-due, but we went to the doctor yesterday, and I wanted to wait until I had his stats. So, here you go!
Height: 25 1/2 in
Weight: 14lbs 12oz
Head: 42 1/2 cm
- We got the okay yesterday to start feeding him rice cereal. That's what he had for dinner yesterday. For a first attempt, I thought it went pretty well. Of course, I doubt that much actually ended up in his little belly.
- Jacob was sleeping through the night like a champ. This week? Not so much. Sunday and Monday night, he was up twice. Tuesday and Wednesday night he was up once. Maybe his waking up is because he's not getting enough food before he goes to sleep? I'm not sure.
- Also in the food category, the little guy seems to want to go for marathon nursing sessions. He used to be content with a 20 minute feeding. Now there are times when he seems to want to go for almost an hour. I think part of this is because he gets so distracted when he nurses. But it's exhausting for me.
- I know I've said before that Jacob is a chatterbox. That continues to be the case. At least, when he's around people he's familiar with. He's starting to screech more, and he's working out his laugh, which actually sounds like his cry. You only know he's not crying because he doesn't get that pained look in his face. As I sit here typing this, he's chatting away, squeals, laughs and all.
- Jacob is grabbing for everything and shoving it his mouth when he gets it. His latest favorite thing to do is to sit in his bouncy seat and bat at an owl toy that my sister and her boyfriend got him that I hung on his toy bar. It has a little bell inside it, so it jingles every time he hits it. He's loving that.
- He's also starting to recognize his name. You can say it and he'll usually turn towards you when he hears it.
My mom was down for a visit this past weekend/week. She left today. I already miss her. It was so nice to have her here for a few days. I'm hoping we can get up to Pittsburgh soon so we can visit up there. I know my grandmother is really wanting some Jacob time, along with everyone else. He's gotten so big since the last time we were up there, which really was only about a month ago. But he changes so quickly! It wasn't so long ago that he was content to just curl into a little nugget and sleep on me. Now I'm watching him kick the crap out of his bouncy seat so that it will bounce more. Everyone is right. They grow up so fast.
Please note: We had a rough time with Jacob's 4-month photo shoot. He wouldn't cooperate very well the first time I tried, so I did another round another day. He was more interested with trying to take the sticker off his onesie than anything else. That poor sticker...
No comments:
Post a Comment