Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sweet 16... Months...


Erik wants me to also do a "real" update -- one that is more detailed. 

So I'll expand on some of the things I noted above.

The biggest "new" thing is Jacob eating with a fork and spoon.  He loves to feed himself now.  He's all about chicken nuggets and waffles, and he's getting better at feeding himself things like oatmeal and squash.

And while he's still not really saying any words -- with the exception of what seems like "dada" or "mama" -- he's very curious about everything, and can definitely identify things when you ask him.  I'm constantly amazed by how much he really knows and understands.  He's gotten very good at leading you where he wants you to go, and indicating what he wants.  He still gets pretty frustrated when you don't fully understand him or do what he wants, but that's expected.

One thing I forgot to write up there is that Jacob loves to help.  He helps unload the dishwasher, throws things away, and carries things or gives things to people when you ask him.  Pretty sure that will wear off by the teenage years...

We're really enjoying this age...

... even with the temper tantrums.

Next up:  an update on our trip to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment