Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Midweek Confessions

Linking up with E, Myself, and I for a brief installment of...
 


-  I think I've already mentioned before that I am a learning nerd.  Next week I'm attending a series of Common Core workshops run by our state department.  The first day takes places in our home schools with our team, but our principal has a meeting conflict that day, so we moved Monday's meeting to today.  It was a full day today with very little down time, which is fine, because it kept the day moving.  Anyway... we got a ton of information and resources today, but the best one that I saw today was The Teaching Channel.  It's got a ton of videos, lesson ideas, and resources for implementing the Common Core Standards.  There is so much cool stuff, and so much that I want to bring in to my classroom.  I could have spent the entire day looking through things on that site alone.  So, if you're a teacher, and you need some ideas on how to implement the new standards in your classroom, GO TO THIS SITE.  It is awesome.

-  I love my child, but his mood swings are driving me crazy.  He can be a happy, silly, goofy little boy one minute, and then the next he's running away from me, trying to squeeze himself into a corner, and screaming like he's being chased by a scary monster.  And then he's back to his old self again.  Maybe it's because he's got a double ear infection.  Or maybe it's his age.  Or maybe he's just too much like his momma...

Little baby looks like a big boy...
-  I'm becoming a s'mores addict.  I was in Target the other day and I made the mistake of walking through the frozen foods as a shortcut to the back of the store.  Mistake.  I saw s'mores ice cream and had. to. have. it.  This past weekend, I attempted to make this s'mores poke cake (thank you, Pinterest): 
Confessions of a Cookbook Queen: S'more Poke Cake
I love poke cake.  I love s'mores.  This looked like a fabulous combination.  And it would have been, had the pudding not thickened up so quickly before I poured it over the cake.  So the pudding didn't really "poke" through the cake.  Disappointing.  But I'd try it again.  If for no other reason than because I love poke cake.  And I love s'mores.

-  I'm already trying to mentally put my classroom together for next year.  I can't help myself.  I love the fall and the beginning of new school years.  I'm in no way trying to wish away my summer, because I plan on savoring every moment I have at home with my little guy, but I hate hot weather.  And I love the smell of freshly waxed floors, just-sharpened pencils, and new paper.  I told you I was a nerd.

And that, is that.  Enjoy the rest of your week!

When in doubt, sit in a fabric bin.


No comments:

Post a Comment