Sunday, June 9, 2013

School's Out for Summer... Almost

Guys, the end of the school year is in sight.  In 5 days, I will be more than happy to hand in my keys and be DONE.  To say that this year has not been great would be an understatement.  I feel very sad that I didn't find a better way of fitting in Of Mice and Men for my 9th graders this year.  I feel like I cheated them.  I have a few other regrets from this year that I'm hoping to resolve in the next go-around.  I'm just ready to start fresh with a new school year.

After I fully enjoy my summer vacation, of course.

What I'm looking forward to:
  • lazy mornings with Jacob that include breakfast and Sprout and cuddles
  • morning walks (once we eventually get ourselves out of our pajamas)
  • story time at our library -- but I need to take advantage of that early in the summer, because our branch is closing in early July for "extensive" renovations, and won't re-open until fall 2014.  Yikes!
  • play dates with the mommy club and English department friends
  • fun times at the playground
  • coloring and sidewalk chalk time with Jacob
And things I'm planning on doing (in addition to fun times):
  • cleaning out and organizing the guest room closet
  • going through clothes and shoes in my closet
  • cleaning and organizing bathroom sink cabinets
  • cleaning out the tupperware cabinets
  • cleaning, cleaning, cleaning
  • getting plans refined and together for next year
Obviously, there appears to be a theme there...  Now, who knows how much I'll actually accomplish with my little munchkin friend running around.  Not that I mind that distraction one bit.

I think what I'm really looking forward to the most is watching Jacob discover all kinds of different things.  He's already been so much fun in these last few months, so I'm excited to see what we'll get into next.

No comments:

Post a Comment