Today I took Jacob to see the Easter Bunny at the mall with one of my friends and her baby girl. It was a successful trip on both accounts. She was able to get a picture of her little one with a smile on her face, and while Jacob took the visit very seriously and did not crack a smile, he also did not shed a tear. And that's a success in my book.
I still marvel at how much he grows in such a short span of time. I was looking back at pictures from when he was born and I can't believe how small he seems then! It's incredible. He's becoming a much better sleeper. This last week, he's slept for 6-7 hours before waking up to eat. It's been fabulous for all of us! Of course, now that I say that, I've probably jinxed us. Gosh, I hope not. We're also getting more and more smiles (except for big, furry rabbits) and little giggles here and there as well, in addition to more coos and gurgles and "talking". He still has an issue with gas, but even that is slowly -- VERY slowly -- getting better.
| I'm starting to smile more! |
Next weekend we go home to New Ken for his baptism and to meet the family. I'm very excited to get up there, and I'm pretty sure my family is very excited as well.
And that, unfortunately, is about all for right now. I'm starting to think about going back to work, and I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to it. I do miss my co-workers -- they're some of the best friends I could have -- but I'm not ready to leave my baby yet. Good thing I still have a few more weeks to go...
![]() |
| What the heck, mom? A giant bunny? Really?!? |

No comments:
Post a Comment