Monday, April 16, 2012

Two Months! Time Flies!

My baby boy is two months old!  It's so great to see him becoming more interactive with us and with others.  This past weekend, we went up to Pittsburgh to have him baptized and to meet my side of the family that he hadn't met yet.  That included his Prababcia (great-grandmother), his Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Jenny, his Praciocia (great aunt) Joany and Great-uncle Don, and my friends Vera and Erin, as well as a host of other relatives and other friends.  He did a pretty good job at his baptism -- only really crying when the water was poured over his head -- and he was a charmer at the party afterward...  when he finally woke up, that is.  Jacob is an excellent traveller.  He slept most of the time we were in the car.  And he didn't have any trouble spending time in a new environment.  We have his two-month check-up this week, so I'll update after that with his newest height and weight measurements.

Things Jacob Loves:
  • talking and smiling at the "other baby" in the mirror of his kick and play gym
  • going for walks in his stroller or his Baby Bjorn
  • smiling at his mommy and daddy
  • flirting with everyone who can make him smile
  • falling asleep in his Prababcia's lap
  • sleeping for 6+ hours during the night (mom and dad love this, too!)
I have one more month off with him before I go back to work.  It makes me so sad to think about it, but I know he's going to be just fine with Erik's mom and my dad when they come to watch him.
I'm two months old!

Snuggling with his Prababcia



Not a fan of the baptismal water

No comments:

Post a Comment