Friday, January 3, 2014

Snow Day Break

This is what we woke up to today:
Our back deck
Out the front door
Of course, these pictures were taken later in the morning, after Erik had cleaned off cars and shoveled the driveway and sidewalk.  Unfortunately, there are no snow clearing fairies in these parts.  Sadness.  But you get the idea.  So it's a snow day for us!  Jacob and I were sad that Erik couldn't have a snow day with us, but someone has to earn the big bucks in this family.  And that person sure isn't me.  Hahahaha.

This has been a tough week.  I found a gray hair.  And I had to work one day out of this week.  And today we have a bitterly cold snow day.  So even though the roads are pretty clear right now, it's too darn cold to want to step outside for any reason at all.

Instead, Jacob and I have played trains, built block towers, put puzzles together, and talked to dziadzia on Skype.  And this is where we are now:

Crammed into our favorite sleeping corner of the crib...
I need to be realistic and get some school work done while the little guy sleeps.  But I figured a blog break should happen first.  So there it was.  My blog break.  And now it's time to do some school stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment