So today was sort of an unexpected snow day. Unexpected because on Friday, the forecast was calling for flurries (at least MY weather app said that). Yesterday, they upped the outlook and started calling for anywhere between 4-10 inches of snow. Today was supposed to be an in-service/professional development day, so the kids were going to be out of school anyway. But I was fully intending on today being my work day, so I left the majority of my work at work when I left school on Friday. It didn't help that I had also intended on having a jam-packed weekend. Saturday, my friend Emily and her husband and I were working with some seniors on bridge project work from about 9am until 1pm. Then I was going to go shopping for my soon-to-be cousin's bridal shower. The shower itself was scheduled for Sunday (I know, nothing like shopping at the last minute). So, like I said, figuring I was going to be out of my house for most of the weekend, I didn't bother to bring anything home, because I wasn't going to have any time to do anything.
Then the shower was canceled, because the host got sick.
So that eliminated shopping on Saturday.
And now Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday were free.
Whatever. I took it as a sign to have a weekend to just sit back and hang out with my little family, and not worry about work.
Now here I sit. And wouldn't you know it, I can't even work on up-coming power points because didn't transfer the next unit's work over to my flash drive. Argh!
Lesson learned: always be prepared anyway.
Because yesterday was a day off for both Jacob and myself, I took him out in the morning to get some new sneakers. Kid has extra wide feet. His wide feet were already making it hard for me to find him shoes on the cheap. I've been buying his shoes at Stride Rite. They give him good foot support, the shoes themselves are well-made and stand up to his rough play, and they're easy to clean. But they're expensive. Like, $40 expensive. I don't even like to spend that much on my OWN shoes! And snow boots in his size? Forget it. So I'm open to your suggestions on where to find well-made, supportive shoes on the cheap. In size extra wide.
Unfortunately, we had a rough night with Jacob last night. He went to bed just fine, but at about 9:30 he woke up crying and just wouldn't go back to sleep. We rocked for a while, tried having him sleep in our bed, gave him an applesauce pouch (he kept saying he was hungry), camped out next to his bed, brought him back to our bed and let him watch tv for a little bit... Nothing was really working. He'd fall asleep, then cough, then cry and cry. He finally went to sleep closer to 1am. He didn't seem to be feeling very well last night, which I'm sure was part of the problem. But he woke up in good spirits this morning. Fingers crossed that we don't have a repeat tonight.
Maybe I'll work on planning Jacob's second birthday. I have the feeling that choo choos will be heavily involved...
No comments:
Post a Comment