Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Some Thoughts

Some stuff to chat about...

1.  We FINALLY got Jacob to eat ravioli.  By giving him pierogi first.  Baby boy knows what's delicious!  Note to my mom: start packing me up with more potato pierogi since now I have to share them with a certain little munchkin.  And these weren't just plain cheese or meat ravioli.  These were spinach and cheese.  That's right.  Jacob ate some green vegetables.  Up until this point, that was unheard of.

2.  We've had a taste of summer here in Maryland.  I'm convinced that we're skipping spring entirely.  Erik assures me that cooler weather will return.  I dislike warm temperatures.  I'm a more moderate temperature kind of person.  60s are fine with me.  Give me something where I can toss on a light cardigan but no jacket/coat and be comfy and I'm a happy girl.  This 80 and 90 degree crap?  Two thumbs down.  Way down.

3.  Warmer weather means I have to shave my legs more often.  Or at least try to.  Stubbly legs don't mix well with skirts and capris.  Not that anyone would probably notice.  Except my students.  They seem to notice everything.

4.  I really love that it takes the end of a grading period to get students to pay attention to their grades in class.  What I am especially fond of are the kids who are failing and now want to know what they can do to bring up their grade.  It's Wednesday.  The quarter ends Friday.  Sorry kids.  It ain't gonna happen.

5.  The end of the school year and summer vacation with Jacob can't some soon enough.

6.  Jacob has entered the silly and fun stage of baby/toddler-hood.  He's recognizing things around the house.  We can tell him to get a ball or his shoes and socks or other items and he runs right to that thing and picks it up.  He loves lights and switches.  He giggles and babbles whenever he turns things on and off.  He had a ton of fun making a robot go when we visited my brother's classroom.  He tries to walk up and down stairs like a big boy.  And he's become attached to a stuffed bunny -- but not so attached that he can't live without it (thankfully).  He plays with blankets and loves stacking blocks.  He'll crawl into my lap and snuggle and cuddle or to "read" a book.  And he "talks" and "talks" and "talks" constantly.  I'm excited to hear his first words, but I don't want him to grow up too fast just yet.  I'm loving this age.  With the exception of the temper tantrums.  Those aren't fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment