- My birthday is coming up, but it's not really registering. I feel like after I hit 30 (which was only 2 years ago now) I kind of stopped noticing my birthday, and I kind of started to forget my age. In fact, just yesterday afternoon, Erik and I were talking about doing something for my birthday weekend, which he kept insisting is next weekend -- and I kept insisting back that no, it's not, it's the weekend after that. Erik was right. It's next weekend. And maybe this forgetfulness is on purpose. But maybe it's not. When people ask me how old I am, I actually have to really stop and think. And here's where I'll be brutally honest -- it's not just my age. It's the age of the majority people around me. I have to stop and think and do math to figure out how old any of my family members are. And friends? Shoot. Forget about it. My sincerest apologies to all of you. I love you, but I apparently don't care about your age. Then again, maybe that's a good thing....?
- I'm a school nerd. Okay, maybe a lot of you have known that. But I love to look at and look in schools. I love to see how classrooms are arranged and how teachers organize their work lives. Is that weird?
- I'm also a "learning" nerd. I love to attend classes and professional development. I don't like to do homework for classes, but I love to sit in a session and soak up knowledge. At least when it's interesting. Some of my grad classes? Ugh. I would rather have walked through a field of dull knives and broken glass. But there were some classes that were really interesting and I loved it. Even some of these professional development workshops I attend -- some are boring as all get-out, but some of them have been decent. And I feel accomplished after them.
- But a pet peeve of mine would be over-zealous learners. You know the ones... they're a little stuffy about things and they try to be in the spotlight for every part of the class/workshop.
- There are some days when I wish I worked at a job that required me to wear a suit or dress up every day. And then I think better of that wish, because I'm pretty happy with the ability to wear twill pants, dark-wash jeans, knit shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, etc. on any given day. And flip-flops in warm weather. Let's not forget that.
- Today, an acclaimed theater critic said she liked my writing style. I feel special. So even if you don't see my awesome writing talents displayed here, they do exist. And I'm not trying to brag here. I just so often doubt my own abilities...
Now head on over to E, Myself, and I and link on up with me!
![]() |
| Xylophone playing is serious business. Just like blogging. |


So great to meet you! I LOVE your cute boy! Is his name Grover? Adorable!!
ReplyDeleteFellow school and learning nerd here. I can so relate! :) Thanks for linking.
E
Oh I wish I could have named him Grover :-) No, his name is Jacob. We called him Grover before he made his appearance in the world. Because in addition to being a school and learning nerd, I'm also a Sesame Street nerd.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing how classrooms are organized too. I, too, wish I could dress up more some days or go out to lunch but then I think about summers and .... well, it's all good :)
ReplyDelete