Sunday, October 7, 2012

Weekend Fabulousness

I love adore weekends.  Of course, I don't know of too many people who don't love weekends. 

I love lying in bed in the early morning with my little family.  Jacob doesn't understand sleeping in yet (obviously) so he's usually wanting to get out of bed and have his breakfast anywhere between 5:45am and 6:15am.  (I'm sure there are some of you out there who probably had to re-read that time.  And yes, it's early, but Jacob sticks to his schedule no matter what the day.)  Jacob hangs out in our bed with his bottle and then we have some cuddle time.  He loves to pull up on us and then lay his little head down on us and smile.  And then he rolls over and ends up like a turtle on his back so he cries.  But it's a nice moment nonetheless.  And we sometimes catch a few more minutes of sleep.

I love taking morning walks.  After we're up, dressed, and fed, we fix our coffee, load Jacob into his stroller and take a walk around the neighborhood.  It's been especially nice on these recent cool mornings.  Sometimes we get lucky and Jacob dozes.  We take whatever nap opportunities we can get around here...

I love spending time with my baby.  He's a fun little guy these days, and he's usually in pretty good spirits.  Of course, when he's over-tired (nap opportunities are often few and far between) he's a real pill, but his toothless smile melts the heart every time and makes me (usually) forget just how grouchy he's been.  But it's so fun to spend the day watching him learn and master new things.  This weekend, he practiced falling down gracefully.  Ha. 

We love to stand up -- with some support still.

Working on sitting down from our standing position.

And of course, I love that for two days, I don't really have to worry about anything but trying to get housework done while chasing after my crawling little munchkin.  And that's a pretty hefty task as it is.  :-)

Hey guys!  What can I get into next?

1 comment:

  1. Sarah....I just love your blog. You are so good at this stuff. It's so hard and even quite sad to be so far away from family, especially when such wonderful things are happening. Thank you for sharing your world with us. You are a beautiful family. Jacob is such a sugar! I always look forward to your next post. xo

    ReplyDelete