This weekend was another busy weekend for us. We went to a Halloween party, hosted by one of the guys Erik works with. And we got together with Erik's extended family for a little lunch gathering. I also met up with one of my coworkers, and she and I signed up to take the Wilton Cake Decorating 1 class at our local JoAnn's. I'm excited about that. Some of my favorite memories of birthday parties when I was a child are of getting that sneak peek of the cake my mom had decorated the night before for us. I want Jacob (and any other future children) to have memories like that. So I'll let you know how that goes, and maybe give you picture updates of my
disasters masterpieces.
I was also successful this weekend in finding brown boots! I got these boots from Payless:
And I ventured out of my
style rut comfort zone and got some skinny jeans from JCrew:
Jacob is as hilarious as always. His two bottom teeth have come in. He is getting into more and more
mischief interesting things on a regular basis. He definitely has a stubborn streak (just like mommy AND daddy) and it shows when he wants to do something that we don't really want him to do.
 |
Jacob fell asleep at the dinner table a few weeks ago...
|
And the other big news around here is Hurricane Sandy. Our school district has already cancelled school for tomorrow in anticipation of the storm hitting. I'm hoping that we come through this with no issues. I don't have much else to say about the storm because I haven't really been following the reports on it as much as I probably should. We're as ready as we're going to be here though.
And that's all for now. Depending on what happens with the storm, I may or may not have an update in the near future. Heck, who am I kidding. Lack of power doesn't necessarily matter in terms of me posting...
No comments:
Post a Comment