Monday, March 5, 2012

I'm a growing boy!

We went to the doctor this past week to have some nursing questions addressed and they took an updated weight measurement on Jacob.  Our little guy, at just over 2 weeks old, weighed in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces!  I was very happy to hear that he was gaining weight, but couldn't believe that he gained about a pound in a week!

Some things we're discovering about our guy:
  • he is a noisy and messy eater
  • and a noisy sleeper
  • he's just a noisy boy in general
  • he loves to sit next to his daddy on the couch -- and he usually falls right to sleep in that position!
  • he likes baths -- even though he screams bloody murder right before and right after
  • he hates to be in just a diaper
  • when you hold him, he likes to have his arms held tight against his body
  • but when he sleeps, he doesn't like to have his arms swaddled in a blanket
It's amazing how much love you can feel for such a little thing.

    2 comments:

    1. I'm sure that you and his dad are already collecting stories to use to embarrass him when he is grown up. We were at your parents' last weekend, and your Ciocia asked your sister for baby Grover stories. (I can't remember if you are sharing his real name on your blog.) Anyway, your sister said that she had stories, but that she didn't have any that she could share at the dinner table.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Also, those anti-spam "please prove you're not a robot" letters that I have to type before replying to your blog are really complex. I had a less difficult time picking letters off of the chart at the eye doctor's office last week.

      ReplyDelete