Monday, February 27, 2012

Growing

Jacob is coming up on being two weeks old tomorrow.  It's still kind of hard for me to believe that he's really "ours" and that we're not just doing some sort of extended babysitting stint for a family member or close friend.  And he's growing...  fast.  At his one-week check-up, he was back up to his birth weight.  I feel like he's gotten even heavier since that, and I definitely think I see his cheeks plumping up.  He is such a snuggly and cuddly little guy.  I hate to put him down to sleep, but I know I have to if I want to even think about getting something done around the house.

We've been blessed to be able to have family come down to help out a bit while we adjust.  My parents were down the week Jacob was born, and my sister and her boyfriend were down this past week for a few days.  Erik's parents came down for a little this past weekend, too.  I know they think they probably didn't do much, but it was nice to have someone put the laundry in, or help clean up the kitchen, or even just hold Jacob while I took care of something else or took a much needed nap. 

Jacob has had a really fussy day today.  He's been very gassy and that's been making it hard for him to sleep for any great length of time.  So it's meant a lot of holding and back rubbing instead.  Poor guy.  He's finally settled down now enough that I could put him in his napper, but I don't know how long this will last. 

The plan for the afternoon is to go for a walk -- the weather is perfect for it!  I'm hoping for some consistent warm weather now!

No comments:

Post a Comment