Sunday, January 29, 2012

Obligatory Picture Post

Here is the obligatory "37 weeks and as big as a baby whale" picture:

And to think that I've still got a few more weeks of growing to go!

I think that the "nesting" thing is starting to kick in a little.  My "nesting" seems to be more on the lines of rearranging things -- not necessarily cleaning -- and wanting to bake -- but not really making anything.  With the exception of chocolate chip cookies.  But I've been thinking about making homemade pop tarts.  Weird, I know.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, my parents came down this weekend to help get some of the remaining items off our registry list.  That was a HUGE help, so thanks, mom and dad!  Then I spent the majority of this afternoon rearraning things in baby's room so that other things would fit.  Right now, I feel like diapers and wipes are taking over the room, and yet I KNOW that once baby is born, those two things are going to disappear like a plate of chocolate chip cookies placed in front of me.  (That's two references to chocolate chip cookies in one post...  can you tell that I might be more than a little obsessed?)

I'm now coming into my last two weeks of work.  I feel better about that because my sub plans have been completed and photocopied and placed into a binder.  I should probably play it safe and make sure that any handouts I might need for these next two weeks have at least a master copy ready to go and that a basic outline of each lesson is present...  just in case. 

Next weekend, Erik's parents come down to (a) do taxes, and (b) help Erik move the mostly completed dresser/changing table upstairs.  Because let's face it -- I'm not moving anything.  It's hard enough to move myself.  Ha. 

And now we continue to sit.  And wait.  No change there :-)

3 comments:

  1. If you find that you are making too many chocolate chip cookies, feel free to send some up north. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would if I didn't eat them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonathan and I already have a list of noisy toys that we will buy Grover someday. Don't worry, we will be sure to supply plenty of batteries.

    ReplyDelete