My last week of work until early May begins tomorrow. I've got 9th graders in the library to do research, so I don't have to do much in the way of lesson work with them this week. My 10th graders will be finishing work on Night, so I do have a few more things to do there. Very managable. I'm really going to miss my co-workers. We have more fun than probably should be allowed in a professional setting. Assuming that Grover decides to hang out in his comfy home for a little while longer, I'll probably find myself spending some time with "nothing" to do during what would normally be work time (let's face it, I'll find something to do -- most likely cleaning and rearranging). I'm going to have to hold myself back from driving up to school to just hang out; especially during lunch time.
Erik's parents, sister, and her husband came down last night and joined us for dinner. His mom helped me fix a quilt problem that I was having, which was a huge help to me to get me motivated to finish the work on it. I can add that to my list of things to do while I wait for Grover. His dad helped move the dresser/changing table up to Grover's room. We need to do some rearranging in order to make it fit perfectly, but that's the easy part. Of course, I say that now. We had a nice visit with all of them. It's hard to believe that the next time we see them, as well as my family, that we'll have a baby to introduce to everyone. I feel like I've been pregnant forever. Of course, 9 months is a fairly long period of time when you sit down and think about it. And it seems surreal that the end of it is pretty much here.
I'm growing more and more anxious to see when Grover will decide to make his appearance. We've got anywhere between 0 to essentially 17 days (doctor says they'll induce around the 22nd if he's not here by then) of waiting left!
Okay, I just got the "Our Town" reference.
ReplyDelete