Today was our "childbirth essentials" class. It was an all-day event (10am-4pm) and was pseudo-educational. For me, anyway. I've spent the majority of my 36 weeks devouring the What to Expect When You're Expecting book and quizzing two of my friends (who also happen to be work buddies with me) about pregnancy, labor and delivery. But I'll admit that there were some things that I hadn't thought to ask them about, or hadn't read in the book, that the Maternal & Child Care nurse passed along.
And you can't beat the hilarity of the videos that were probably done back in the early 90s, based on hair and clothing choices of the people in them. Fabulous.
When we got home, I did a little more baby prep. That included sterilizing pacifiers and putting together the ExerSaucer that Erik's one aunt and uncle bought us. I still have a ton of random baby prep to do, but for the most part the big things are done. The clothes are washed and folded. The bed is almost completely made (I still need to get a mattress pad before I can finish with sheets). And I've started to pack my bag and a diaper bag for our trip to the hospital.
Now if Grover will just stay put until as close to his due date as possible so that my sub plans go as planned, I'll be pretty pleased. But he's proven to us before that he's a pretty stubborn little guy who will do what he wants, so I'm not placing bets on anything.
The ExerSaucer... in pieces:
Putting it all together:
No comments:
Post a Comment