Sunday, March 30, 2014

Missing: Spring

This weekend was all about rain, rain, rain, and then some snow, and then more rain.

There was no going outside to play for us.

A cooped-up 2 year old is no fun.  We need sunshine and warmer weather.  We need to get outside.

So this weekend, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde Jacob was all about trashing the house with his toys, watching train videos, riding his trike around the kitchen/dining room, and building block tunnels.  That was when he wasn't screaming and crying about something.

It's been a long weekend.

But Saturday saw a cleaning success for me!  Our shower floor has had dark marks on it for as long as I can remember, and I've been trying to get them out for as long as I can remember.  I've used Comet, Clorox, Kaboom... and lots of their counterparts.  Nothing.  So I took a gamble on a Pinterest post I'd seen a little while back about mixing liquid dish soap with distilled white vinegar.  I mixed it up, sprayed it on, let it sit for about 2 hours or so, and then took a magic eraser scrubber to it.  Bam.  Marks out.  Looks almost as good as new.

I was, and still am, pretty proud of myself.  Sometimes stuff on Pinterest works.

And although Jacob was what seems to be a stereotypical 2 year old, he still made us laugh.  It's hard to keep a straight face when this sweet little voice starts talking about "mixer fucks" and "fire fucks" and "tow fucks."  Yup.  Trucks are "fucks" or "frucks".  Maybe people won't listen too carefully when he talks about them...


No comments:

Post a Comment