Tuesday, March 11, 2014

In a Bad Mood

So, we lost house number 3 today, which we put a pretty competitive offer on.  Nothing that anyone is telling me is helping me feel less angry or less frustrated or less annoyed with the whole process.  So it's probably better for you to just not say anything to me about it, unless you want me to give you a death glare and a snarky comment and be mad at you for bringing it up.

Why is it that when you REALLY want something, it seems like everyone around you is getting it?  Everyone except you?

To make myself feel better, I've been trying to think of things about the house that I didn't mind, but weren't ideal.  So here goes:

  1. There was no front porch.  This house had a nice front entrance, sure, but I really want a front porch.  Someplace where I can have my porch swing to sit in on rainy summer days.
  2. The kitchen cabinets were a lighter shade of wood than I would have liked.  And the countertops were, too.  And so was the backsplash and paint in the kitchen.  
  3. The shower in the master bathroom was a little dark.  There's wasn't a light in it, and it was closed off with a shower curtain, so no extra light could filter in.
  4. The closet in the master bedroom was a little tight.  I need space for my cardigan collection.
  5. The lot might have been a little too wooded.  I love trees in my yard, but I also like grass.
That's all I can think of right now.

Then I started to think of things about our current place that I'll miss if one of our offers ever does get accepted.
  1. Our neighborhood.  There are two playgrounds across the street from us, and it's a nice neighborhood to walk around.  
  2. Our neighbors.  They're pretty funny people.
  3. The library.  We have a branch at the end of our block.  It's under renovation right now, but it looks like we'll be around for the grand opening next fall, so...
  4. The close proximity of Columbia Mall.  Easier to get my Vera Bradley fix.
  5. All the great Indian restaurants in the area.  I love Indian food.  I would eat it every day if I could.  For every meal.
For the record: this has helped me feel a teeny, tiny bit better.  And then I remember that we didn't get the house.  And then I get angry again.

Jacob was pretty snuggly tonight.  He cuddled up in the rocking chair with me and gave me extra hugs before bed.  He must have known that I was upset.

So I guess it's back to the miserable task of house hunting.  Maybe one of these days St. Joseph won't fail me.

1 comment: