Sunday, January 6, 2013

What's New?

Exciting things happening around here recently!

1.  I have an "intern" for the next 3 weeks.  He's not functioning as a student teacher -- he's only in his sophomore year of college -- but he's in on a daily basis to see the ins and outs of the secondary English classroom.  He's helping me out with some light grading and working with students on classwork.  So far, so good!

2.  We have officially moved into the age of the smartphone!  I was all about getting an iPhone 4S, but then the sales guy mentioned that they were fairly fragile.  I thought that my klutziness lack of grace combined with Jacob's insistence for getting into everything natrual curiousity would greatly increase the chance of something bad happening.  So we opted for the Motorola Droid RAZR M.  So far, I'm enjoying it.  And I find the swipe function for texting really fun.

3.  We learned that Jacob loves grapes.  His daycare teachers mentioned on Friday that he was puppy dog begging while his one teacher was eating grapes, so she peeled one, cut it into small pieces and offered it to him.  He gobbled it up.  And then begged for more.  So we bought some grapes this weekend and Erik peeled and cut a few this morning.  Jacob couldn't get enough of them.  He shoveled those suckers into his mouth like he hadn't been fed in weeks.

4.  My sister set up some wedding dress shopping appointments!  I'm going up next weekend and we're going to two stores on Saturday.  I can't wait -- mostly because I don't have to try anything on ;-)

5.  I'm starting to work on planning Jacob's first birthday party.  I was scoping things out on Pinterest this morning.  People go crazy sometimes with birthday parties!  Holy cow!  I'm not planning on doing anything as elaborate as half of what's out there.  But I'd like to have some nice invitations, favors, and food/decorations.  I think some of those people hire party planners...


What's Jacob been doing recently?  Aside from being a grape-eating monster, he's continuing to get ohsoclose to walking.  But he's still a little hesitant.  He loves to pull things out of his toy bins and sometimes he'll even put things back in.  He's a big fan of flinging things -- his foam letters, blocks, food.  He is not a fan of Cheerios anymore, so we're going on a Cheerios break.  He's a drooling machine right now, so I think he'll be getting more teeth soon.  And he LOVES to stack things.  So I'll leave you with some pictures of Jacob doing what he loves best:

 












No comments:

Post a Comment