The last few weeks have been extremely busy and somewhat stressful. Some things at work aren't going so well, and it's been taking its toll on all of us in the department in one way or another. We're tired, and I don't think I'm alone in feeling like we're being ignored on some levels.
Last weekend I was up in Pittsburgh to go wedding dress shopping with my sister. She found a beautiful dress and I'm so excited for her. I'll be back up there in a month or so to start looking at bridesmaid dresses with her.
My parents came down to visit this weekend. I'll always wish we lived just a little closer to them so that it would be easier to visit (not that it's incredibly difficult now... but sometimes the distance is frustrating). But it was so good to see them. And Jacob loves his Babcia and Dziadzia -- especially the silly faces Dziadzia makes and the hugs that Babcia gives. Jacob was all about posing for the camera as my dad took pictures of him. Which brings me to...
Jacob's 11-Month Update!!!!
(photos courtesy of my dad)
Likes:
- stacking things -- blocks, packs of diapers, foamy letters... you name it...
- banging cabinet doors closed
- taking off with his walking toys
- taking steps on his own
- "attacking" his big stuffed bear
- climbing all over mommy and daddy when they lay on the floor
- throwing Cheerios
Dislikes:
- after-bath diapering and putting on pajamas
- when mommy or daddy (or both) are out of sight
- having to take naps (we'll never out-grow this... at least not until we're a teenager...)
- being told "no" or any variation of that
- plain pasta and any other finger foods that feel similar to it
- having his nose wiped

Don't let this clean happy face fool you...

No comments:
Post a Comment