- I may or may not have been listening to Christmas music on the radio on the drive into and home from work for the last week and a half. Pretty much as soon as I heard our local "light music" radio station playing the tunes, I jumped on the bandwagon and started listening. I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, and we should give the turkey and Pilgrims a chance, and I might even be one of those people who complains when stores start decorating for Christmas before Halloween (that's a little too early people), but Christmas music takes me to my happy place, and sometimes, that's where I need to go. Especially when I hear "The Little Drummer Boy." I love that song.
- On a similar note, I may or may not be incorporating Christmas carols into Jacob's bedtime song repertoire. Last night, in addition to his two "normal" lullabies that I sing to him, I also added "Away in a Manger", "The Little Drummer Boy", and "We Three Kings" (all verses of all songs, 'cause I'm good like that). Jacob sings along with me until he just can't bear to keep his sweet little eyes open anymore. Last night, that hit around verse 2 of "We Three Kings."
- I really can't decide if I want to go shopping on Black Friday this year or not. I have gone pretty much every year in the past, but it's no fun to go alone, and fighting for that parking place in our local malls has to be one of the absolute worst experiences that I can think of. Also, I would love to hit up the great sales, but I don't have gift lists from anyone, so I have no idea what to buy. Then again, no one has my gift list either. I guess I just made my decision. Eh, I think everyone is getting something Jacob inspired anyway... He was a pretty good gift this year :-)
- I have lots of grandiose ideas of crafty things that I want to do for the holidays. I'd like to make a stocking for Jacob, I definitely want to make some cut-out Christmas cookies, salt dough ornaments of Jacob's handprint would be fabulous... and the list goes on. But I'm wondering just how many of those ideas are actually going to be put on a "completed" list. If only I had minions...
Today is the day before Thanksgiving, and while I'm very thankful that I don't have to really do any prep work for the holiday (let's face it... me + cooking a big holiday meal = ain't happenin' anytime soon) I would have really loved a half day at work. I do need to ice some cookies that I made, and I'm making a cheese ball/dip for tomorrow, and doing things with a 9 month old who crawls around and
We up to the NewK this past weekend to visit my family. Babcia hasn't seen Jacob in a while, so I wanted to get him up there so she could see how much he's grown. Because he's grown -- a lot -- in a short amount of time. And while I was there, I figured I'd help my dad put up the Christmas trees. So we did that, too (check out his time-lapse picture video here). I always wish I lived just a little closer to my family so that I could see them more regularly.
I do have a 9 month update for Jacob. I promise. It's getting there.
![]() |
| Jacob loves to "read" books -- turning pages and babbling with each. |

No comments:
Post a Comment