Wednesday, September 19, 2012

When will I find the time...?

Ugh.  That's what I have to say about trying to do the following:
  1. keep up with lesson planning and grading.
  2. keep my house in somewhat clean condition.
  3. be a good mommy.
  4. be a good wifey.
And oh yeah... update the blog.  It's rough going, guys.  Rough going.  Here's what's new and "exciting":


Hey guys!  How's it goin'?
-  Jacob has/had his first cold.  Poor guy.  I'm not sure if he caught it from me (I had a nasty cold, too) or if I caught it from him.  But either way, he's been a coughing, stuffy nosed mess for the last week.  I took him to his doctor yesterday because he has been pulling on his ears more frequently since the weekend.  I was afraid it might be an ear infection.  The good news is that it wasn't.  But his bottom teeth are very close to breaking through the gums.  I felt so bad for him this evening, because he was definitely uncomfortable and I'm pretty sure his mouth was really hurting.

-  Erik and I enjoyed our first Virginia Tech football game of the 2012 season.  Well, enjoyed is probably not the best term.  They lost.  Miserably.  But we had awesome seats, so we can't really complain too much.
"Enjoying" the game from box seats!


-  Jacob turned 7 months old this past Friday.  He is now officially mobile, even though he doesn't quite crawl like a champ just yet.  But he definitely crawls and tries to get into everything.  EVERYTHING.  He's pulling himself up on whatever he thinks might be sturdy enough -- including mommy and daddy -- and he's just beginning to master the art of getting into a sitting position.  We're in trouble.  He eats more food every day.  He absolutely loves sweet potatoes, applesauce, pears and squash.  He's not a huge fan of peas, and he didn't care much for the zucchini we offered this week.  We're working on green beans now, but he was a little too fussy today and didn't want to really eat much solid food.  He weighed in yesterday at the doctor at 19 pounds, 15 ounces.  He gets more "boy-like" and less "baby-like" every day.  It's sad for me to see happen, but he it's amazing at the same time. 


Climbing over the arm of the couch -- fun for Jacob.  Not fun for mommy.
Someone is coming to get you!  Or maybe he's just going after the camera...
This is just crazy.  I'm outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment