Tuesday, July 7, 2015

We're moved in -- but you wouldn't know it...

So we've moved into our new house.  I'd post pictures, but I don't have them yet, because we're still unpacking boxes.  I swear, I don't know where all this stuff fit when we were in our townhouse.  Especially the 21992975963495739457 boxes labeled "kitchen"...

But you also haven't heard much from me because we STILL don't have cable or internet.  Erik had Comcast scheduled to come the Saturday after we moved in.  And a guy did come out.  But he told us that the underground cable was bad.  It would have to be dug up and replaced.  So a work order was put in.  They told us it would be replaced by this Monday and then they'd do the installation on Tuesday (today).  Missed Utility came out and did all the markings they needed to do last week.  Of course, being a holiday weekend, Comcast didn't show up at any point last week.  Monday (yesterday) came and went and no one showed up to replace the cable.  So Erik called that afternoon and went ahead and cancelled today's appointment and rescheduled.  Well, now the earliest they can do anything is cable replacement on Friday and installation on Tuesday of NEXT WEEK.  Seriously???

Have I mentioned that my phone is close to running out of mobile data, and if that happens, I'll have a pretty unhappy husband to deal with?

I called Comcast this afternoon and told them that this was more than a little ridiculous.  The representative I spoke with said that he'd look into getting the work order and installation pushed up.  He'd call me back either later today or tomorrow to let me know what was happening.

I'm really really really really really times infinity pissed off.

How am I typing this?  I'm at my in-laws, using their wifi, since, you know, it's actually installed and working.  Yesterday I went to the local public library.

So I'll eventually get pictures and other things posted.

Maybe.

If we get cable and internet at any point in the next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment