Sunday, May 17, 2015

Moving Day is Almost Here

It's our last week in the townhouse!  This move is going in two stages -- and timing wise, it's both good and bad.  Stage 1 is us moving in with Erik's parents for a few weeks while we rent-back our new house to the former owners.  Stage 2 is us moving from Erik's parents' to our new house.  We're down to the last few things around this house, yet it still seems like there's so much to move.  So the timing issues?  Good -- because it's about the end of the school year, things are winding down, and I'm not completely stressed out at work.  Bad -- because I'm still in school, so grading and lesson planning aren't happening at home, and can really only be done at school.  That means that I'm pretty behind in grading PBA essays.  I think that tomorrow I can finally get a jump start on that though.  At least the lesson planning is fairly easy because we're in the last few weeks of school.

Jacob has been pretty good during all of this packing.  He's helped put things in boxes and has been pretty willing to go with Erik on weekend "adventures" taking loads of our things to his sister's or his parents'.  But you can also tell that he's a bit unsettled by it all.  He's been a bit clingy and whiny and argumentative, which is probably pretty standard for his age, but I think is also made a little worse by the change.  But he's also excited.  He talks about our new house, and he's already been inside to see the space and run around the yard.

So thanks for being patient with the lack of posts.  Hopefully once we're settled, and summer vacation sets in, you'll see more around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment