This kid?
He's a stinker. As if you couldn't tell by this face...
Jacob is still giving us a run for our money in the sleep department. Last night? He didn't fall asleep until 11pm. Yes. 11. P. M. And that was only after I brought up the pack-and-play from basement storage and set it up in his room, quickly followed by a move to our room.
We're getting tired of this. Both literally and figuratively.
He used to be so good about going to sleep. We'd watch some Poppy Cat and then Curious George. We'd have our milk. Then we'd rock, talk about our day, sing two songs, say our prayers, and then into bed and asleep a few minutes later.
Now it's a battle.
I'm sure part of it is because we moved him to a "big boy bed." But there has to be a way to make this end. I don't feel like I'm finding great answers on the internet, so I looked up a few books at our library and I'll head there this afternoon to find them once he's awake from his nap.
In other news -- SUMMER VACATION IS HERE. We finished up the year last Monday. It ended with our long-term sub totally pranking us by switching our desks in our office. (At first we thought it was just the surface items. After a closer inspection, we realized he had actually moved the whole desk. This was his payback for us pranking him and joking with him during the last week of school. But no worries. We had the last laugh -- Emily and I pulled out the window markers and left some farewell messages for him. Unfortunately, we couldn't keep him. He'll be moving on to Parkville. I told him he needs to try to get my first classroom. He really will be missed.) Anyway, Monday was a half day, and later that afternoon we gathered at Emily's house to celebrate the end of the year with a little cook-out. My parents came down that weekend to visit and watch Jacob that Monday (he finished school the previous Friday) and stay through Thursday. Jacob had so much fun with them, and they had fun with him. And he learned what it means to peruse ("To wook, mommy!").
This past Monday I attended a district sponsored Argument Symposium with a number of my co-workers. I don't know that it was the most enlightening professional development I've had, but I got a book out of it.
And now we're working on what to do with the rest of our summer. We've got our vacation to Yellowstone coming up. I'd like to get up to Pittsburgh for a week or so to visit with my family. And of course we have little day-to-day adventures happening. Our library branch is set to open July 22. Jacob is still loving the construction trucks that the renovation brings to our street. Best entertainment so far. We've gone on walks to the choo choo bridge and played in the pool and the sprinkler. We've colored and played trains and read books. We even went to a picnic at Jacob's school. So we're staying busy and having fun.
Now if only we could get more sleep.


No comments:
Post a Comment