So we left home early Saturday morning. The first big exciting moment of Jacob's day was getting to face forward in his carseat for the drive. He told us everything he saw -- ga gucks! busses! (s)now! -- and that was just leaving our neighborhood. He also happily exclaimed "weeeeee!" as we drove down the road. I think it's safe to say that the seat position switch was a success. We arrived at my parents' house close to lunchtime, I went to the baby shower, Erik and Jacob stayed back at my parents' house and played -- what else -- trains. Dad found my brother's wooden Brio train set and he set it up on the coffee table in their living room. Holy crap was Jacob excited. That was about all he wanted to play with this weekend. So we let him. And he loved it.
Later that evening we had his birthday celebration. The third most exciting thing for him this weekend was his "choo choo cake."
At least he didn't cry when everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him. Unlike his mommy when she was his age...
![]() |
| Not quite sure why everyone was singing... |
And then my mom took the cake away so she could cut it. Jacob didn't understand that.
![]() |
| "Where choo choo cake at?" |
Jacob got in some last minute train playing this morning as Erik and I packed things up and got ready to go.
We left my parents' around 9am today and arrived home close to 1pm. It rained for most of the drive home, which is never a fun way to travel. We've spent today doing laundry, getting lunches prepped for the week, and letting Jacob play with more trains. And now we're fast-forwarding through most of the Super Bowl game in order to watch the commercials. So far, I'm not really impressed by any of the commercials.
With Jacob's second birthday on the horizon, I've started thinking about what to do for his bedding when we make the switch to a "big boy" bed. His love of trains is probably becoming an obsession, so I figure that I'll play off of that with the hopes of making the transition easier. We don't plan on moving him to a big bed too soon -- he's a pretty good sleeper still in his crib (knock on wood that he stays that way for a little bit yet) so we really don't have a reason to move him. But when we do, I think I want to get this quilt:
![]() |
| Source |
We've got a winter weather watch happening for our area tonight, and a winter storm warning for the counties north of us. This could mean another 2 hour delay or closing for tomorrow's school day. I'm getting a little tired of winter. Just saying.
Time to watch more commercials. Still waiting for one to jump out at me and be really funny...
Okay, the Highlander commercial with The Muppets was pretty good.











No comments:
Post a Comment