Saturday, December 28, 2013

Choo choo!

Phew!  We've had some non-stop action these last few days.  But the holidays will do that.  My parents came down Thursday evening and stayed through today.  Jacob was SO excited to have someone to play trains with him.  Not that we don't, but when your dziadzia offers to spend hours at a time with you in a chilly basement, making "hoo hoo" train noises with you, what kid wouldn't be in heaven?  And that's exactly what the two of them did, starting Thursday night and ending this afternoon.
Making train adjustments.


"Choo choo!"

"Oooo oooo!"
Serioulsy.  Those two together with this train set was priceless. 

My sister and her husband made a stop at our house last night and stayed through today as well.  While my dad played trains with Jacob and Erik did some things around the house, my mom, sister, and her husband and I went on a little mall excursion.  I miss shopping with my mom and sister.  Marissa made me try on tops that I normally wouldn't try on, but they ended up looking pretty awesome. 

And Jacob absolutely loved the attention of everyone.





After everyone left today, Erik and I took advantage of the warmer weather and took Jacob outside to run off some energy. 









Jacob is becoming quite the little adventurer.  And now he's even trying more foods.  This weekend he ate some pizza, lasagna, pulled pork, sausage-lentil soup... and he even tried a clementine:




 
 
Little guy kept going back for more of that, even though he never really ate a piece of it.
 
And now I need to start to face the fact that I need to do some school work before the end of this break.  But I'm not quite ready to think about that yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment