Saturday, October 12, 2013

What's New With Us

I don't think there's anything I love hearing more than my child's little, sweet voice saying "mama" or "dada."  Jacob has finally started to use those two words with more consistency -- and to actually ask where we are. 

And that totally makes up for the fact that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with me on Friday when I picked him up from school.  You would have thought that I was a complete stranger when I went in to get him.

It also makes up for the tantrum he threw this morning because we wouldn't let him eat his breakfast banana in the living room.

This child...


We had parent-teacher conferences this past Thursday.  I was booked from 4:00pm to 6:30pm, and still had other conference requests.  It's been a while since I've been booked, and over-booked, for conference night.  But it was nice to meet with parents who I definitely needed to meet with.

In other news, my Babcia is back at home after a stay in the hospital and then a rehab/nursing home facility.  She fell and broke her leg back in late August and had to have surgery on it to repair it.  Then she needed to do some weeks of rehab and therapy in order to gain her strength and mobility back.  And now she's FINALLY back home.  I talked with her briefly over the phone on Thursday, and she sounded better than I have heard her sound in quite a few weeks.  We'll be up to visit next weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing her.

We took a trip to the pumpkin farm/apple orchard last weekend and picked up a bunch of... well... apples and a pumpkin.  The pumpkins this year were HUGE.  We're going to pumpking hunting again next weekend with my parents in search of a few smaller pumpkins.  Today I made an apple crisp with the apples we had gotten.  It was delicious.  There is nothing better on a fall day than some apple crisp.  And pumpkin coffee.  Which I had this morning.

Also?  I am really loving skinny jeans.  I didn't think I ever would, but I've found a few that fit really well, and I'm all about the look of them now.

Some up-coming projects I hope to accomplish:
-  Jacob's Halloween costume
-  a trick-or-treat bag for Jacob
-  updating the wreath on our front door with Halloween "stuff"
And maybe one day I will finish all the blankets I have started.  Which is like, three of them...

That's all, folks!  More will come at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment