Sunday, October 27, 2013

Finished!

Y'all, I FINISHED a sewing project in ONE day.

*insert applause here*

If you really know me, you know what a big deal that is.  Right now, I have about three or four blankets that are in various stages of completion, that have been that way for about two years now.  I also have the materials and pattern for a stocking for Jacob.  Which I meant to make last year.  Before Christmas.

I blame most of this on being distracted by Jacob, housework, and schoolwork.  I blame the rest of it on lack of space.

In my dream home, I'll have a sewing / craft room -- some space where I can store everything and work on projects. 

And then in my dream world, I'll have a few extra hours every day so that I could actually work on some projects.

But today I started and finished Jacob's Halloween costume.  Of course, I didn't take any pictures.  Yet.  But I will.  My friend Emily (from Life {Im}perfected) and I decided that we were going to make dinosaur costumes for her daughter and Jacob.  We checked out some ideas on Pinterest and settled on something similar to this:
Source
We added teeth and eyes to ours, and honestly, I think they turned out pretty well!  We also made tails out of a pair of tights and some fiber-fill stuffing.  Those are okay.  But I think they'll do the job.  I tried the hoodie on Jacob when I got home -- he didn't like the hood part, but he wanted to keep the jacket part on for a good part of the evening.  After a bit of struggle, I did manage to get the tail on him, but he really didn't like that.  A lot of "no no no no no" ensued. 

We'll see how it works out when we actually go trick-or-treating.

But it's finished!

Now if only I could just get the rest of these projects completed...

No comments:

Post a Comment