Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekend Update

This weekend totally made up for last weekend.  The weather was perfect and I got to spend some nice, quality family time with, well, my family.  I also got a lot of things cleaned around the house that were in some desperate need of cleaning (like the bathrooms).  Jacob was in excellent spririts, very playful, and a ton of fun.  He even helped with a little cleaning:

It looks like he's unhappy here, but he's actually pretty happy.
Thanks to his Aunt Sharon and Uncle Joey for the Hokie jersey!  He looks like such a big boy.

And then today he decided that he wanted to wear sunglasses:




And then we added a hat:

Where was this kid when we went to the beach???

We ran some errands this morning, and I graded a batch of essays this afternoon.  After that, I made this:


I've seen burlap wreaths floating around on Pinterest, and I have a few pinned to my boards.  I like the look of them -- they're simple, and they seem to go with just about every season.  I actually picked up the supplies for this a few months ago, figuring that I'd make one (or more) over the summer.  Well, obviously, I never got around to it then.  But this was a pretty easy do, once I figured out how to make the "loops" of burlap work.  It's not perfect, and I think I could probably work something out that's a little better, but I like the results of this one.  And once the seasons change again, I'll change out the flowers and bow for whatever is seasonal.

So there we go.  Not a meaty post, but it's taking me some time to get back.  Hope your weekends were fab.

No comments:

Post a Comment