Monday, September 23, 2013

Updates and Things

I've been all over the place with emotions and everything else recently.  School has been going well so far this year.  I feel like my students are much more on top of things this year, but I still have the select few who are slacking off -- already.  Some days I feel like I'm an effective teacher.  Other days, not so much.  Friday was an up day.  Today was a down day.  I supposed that's always the case.

Jacob has been a little all over the place as well.  I realized that I haven't done a 19 month update.  As much as I want to keep up with an update each month, I don't think it's going to be realistic.  We'll see.  But here's a quick Jacob update:

19 Months
 
Jacob Likes:
  • bananas
  • playing with cars and trucks
  • jumping on the pillows on mommy and daddy's bed
  • helping around the house
  • going for walks and looking for sticks
  • playing on the playground
 
Jacob Dislikes:
  • not getting his way
  • having his nose wiped
  • diaper changes
 
He's definitely at a little goofball, and always into something.  When he's in a good mood, he's such a fun little boy.  When he's grumpy or not getting his way -- stay clear.  He loves to say "no".  His favorite words are "all done," "this," "uh-oh," and "nana" (banana).  He pretty much refuses to say "mama" or "dada."  And I'm not going to lie, that breaks my heart.  More often than I'd like to admit.  But he's a smart little boy and usually pretty willing to help.
 
At least he likes to wear his sunglasses now.
 
I am currently LOVING this weather.  It's feeling like fall around here, which always brightens my spirits, no matter what's happening.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment