At the rate I'm going, I'm never going to get a "quality" update here. I'm trying to get things written but I've been pretty tired since going back to work. But here's a quick run-down of things as they stand.
1. Erik and I feel like all we do around this house anymore is clean up. Jacob's toys, dirty dishes, clean dishes, laundry... You name it. I get home from work, get Jacob a fresh diaper, get him a snack and then clean out our lunch boxes and wash up breakfast dishes. After dinner, it's cleaning up dinner dishes and getting things together for the next day. At least we get to sit down and play with Jacob for a little bit in between all of that.
2. The new school year has started off pretty well. It looks like we've got a pretty good group of freshmen. I'm hoping that these first three days aren't just them being on their best behavior. I guess the "honeymoon" period will be over soon enough, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they won't go too crazy.
3. Vacation and Jacob updates are coming. I promise.
Tom mused just the other day-- I wonder how much time is wasted while we pick up toys? To which I replied-- more than we want to know.
ReplyDeleteI have designated the time of 7-8 as the clean up hour while Nate baths and gets the girls ready for bed because otherwise I feel like that s all I do the whole time I'm home. I skipped last night though cause I was sick and it seriously took me a good two hours tonight to make the house presentable again. They get about three hours to destroy it and I get one to clean it.
ReplyDelete