Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back to School -- Jacob Edition

A new school year is right around the corner, and I'm having trouble recognizing that my cuddly little boy is not going to be in the infant room this year.  He's going to the toddler room.  Which doesn't seem like a huge deal, but there are so many changes.

Like, the kids eat sitting in little chairs around a little table.  Like mini-grown-ups.  No high-chairs.

And there is no crib to nap in.  They nap on cots.

And there's one big nap, not a bunch of little naps.

And there's a toilet in the room.  A little toddler sized toilet.

And there's story time.  And circle time.  And singing time.  And coloring time.

I'm going to be a mess when this kid starts pre-school. 

And let's not even begin to discuss when he goes off to kindergarten.

Or first grade.

This little guy, who had, like, no hair, couldn't walk, and could barely sit up on his own...
Right before school started -- 2012
is now this big boy, who is so independent, just all over the place, and super fun.
Walking at the zoo... August 2013
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about him adjusting to all the new things.  Though I think I'm more worried for his teachers.  This little boy doesn't really like change...

So, next week.  We'll see how it goes.  Hopefully he won't miss me too much.

1 comment:

  1. They do grow too fast and it s always tougher on us than them. I have a similar post coming with Averi. I did a video interview of her last week. I can't believe she s Pre K this year and in a little over six months I all be registering her for kindergarten. :(

    ReplyDelete