Thursday, August 23, 2012

Update (Finally) (Again)

I've got all kinds of things to cover here today.  On tap: Jacob's six month update (finally), back-to-school, and mid-week confessions.  It's only Wednesday, but it feels like it's been one of the longest weeks.

This guy:













was six months old last week.  He had his six month check-up on Monday, and it sounds like everything went well.  Erik took him to the doctor since it was my first day back to work.  Stats are:
Height:  26.5"
Weight:  18lbs 3oz
Head:  45.5
Likes:  sitting up by himself; standing while leaning on someone/something; trying to crawl; bouncing; "flying"; and hanging out with mommy and daddy
Dislikes:  solid food (at least rice cereal, oatmeal, carrots, and peas); not being able to get where he wants to go; not being allowed to play with our laptops/cell phones

Jacob started daycare on Monday and has had a good week -- so far.  His teachers assure me that he's been doing well with naps (surprisingly), that he only cries when he needs something, and that he's a really good-natured baby.

Monday was the first day of school for teachers in my school district.  I started off by driving to work in tears because Jacob was going to daycare and I wasn't going to get to spend my days with him anymore.  It was rough.  But as I threw myself into work, things got better.  Being distracted was the best thing I could do.  Now every day so far has involved meetings (some of them more mind-numbing than others), and me slowly scratching things off my to-do list.  Today's county-wide English department meeting involved U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan as our keynote speaker.  That was pretty cool.  I think the best thing so far though was the huge smile Jacob gave me when I came to pick him up from daycare today.  I can't believe that this week is almost over though.  And kids start back on Monday.  I definitely don't feel ready.  I'll see about posting pictuers of my classroom at some point.

So mid-week confessions...
-  Well, I already mentioned that I don't feel ready for kids to come back to school yet.  But this year I feel even less prepared than I have in the past.  I'm not sure why... but I do.  It's awful.

-  I really can't wait for cooler Fall weather.  I long to wear my jeans and sweaters and other nice cozy clothes.

-  I think that I might like the United Bates of America show (on TLC) better than The Duggars. 

I'll leave you with a little more Jacob cuteness.  I love this face.

No comments:

Post a Comment